Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sadly, We Have a New Leader


I didn't want to include this one on my list. No, not Andy Griffith or even the likable Angela Lansbury ... I just checked over on CNN.com and the lead story is news that Harvey Korman passed away at the age of 81. Some will remember him for his stint on The Carol Burnett Show from 1967 through 1978, during which he won 4 Emmy Awards. He teamed with Tim Conway for some of the absolute funniest moments in television history.

Others will remember him for his roles in Mel Brooks' High Anxiety, History of the World Part I, and possibly his most memorable role (at least to me) as Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles. Korman was hands down one of the most talented "funny men" in Hollywood and the world is a bit dimmer having lost him.

Korman passed due to complications from an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which Val says is rather painful. His death came four months after the original aneurysm. As has been said to many great comedians before Korman, good night funnyman.

This puts me in first place ...

1 comment:

BethGee said...

Beth here - you may or may not remember me.

Anyway, how did you know to add Harvey, if the ruptured whatever occurred four months ago and we are five months into the year?

I have my suspicions, commish.